Saturday, October 16, 2010

New ConKerr Cancer MN Affiliate


I took a road trip on Monday, September 27 to Gibbon, MN to meet the ladies of Generations of Warmth.  After an adventurous drive trying to find a bridge not flooded I made it to the group just in time to eat!  

While we were eating each of the ladies introduced themselves and told me how many years they have been quilting.  I had to laugh at the ladies that said, "only 10 years."  Many of the ladies said 40 plus years.  

After some fabulous food, I introduced ConKerr Cancer to the group.  I can tell this group is anxious to make pillowcases.  I was amazed at the many quilts they were working on for charity.   This group makes quilts, lap robs, baby quilts, mittens, hats, and it goes on and on.  They make items for nursing homes, homeless shelters, the area food shelf, and the county.  The group makes between 2.000 and 2,500 items each year.  I'm excited to have them on-board to help with ConKerr Cancer!  

A special thank you to Sandy.  Sandy contacted me in the spring of this year and asked that I visit the group this fall.  Sandy does a great job of organizing all of the charitable work this group performs.  She keeps the ladies of Generations of Warmth busy - that's for sure!

~ Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment